The South Upper (Brooklyn-bound) roadway of the Manhattan Bridge will be closed from 9 am to 6 pm on Sunday for the removal of construction sheds on the pedestrian walkway. During these times there will be two lanes eastbound to Brooklyn on the lower level, and two lanes westbound to Manhattan open to traffic on the North Upper Roadway.
One tube of the Hugh L. Carey Brooklyn Battery Tunnel will be closed from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday for construction work. One lane will be open in each direction in the remaining tube. Motorists should expect delays and use an alternate route.
One of two lanes on the South Upper Roadway of the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge is closed until further notice.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am on Saturdays through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
The Ninth Street Bridge over the Gowanus Canal will be closed on Sunday from 7 am to 3 pm to replace a damaged electric cable spool. Traffic will be detoured to the Hamilton Avenue Bridge.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
- Front Street and Water Street between Peck Slip and Dover Street, and Peck Slip between South Street and Water Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 9 pm for the Seaport Alliance Restaurant Mall.
- 6th Avenue between 38th and 27th Street, 38th Street between 5th Avenue and Broadway, 27th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue, and 32nd Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from noon to 3 pm for the Korea Times Parade.
- 2nd Avenue between 54th Street and 43rd Street, 43rd Street and 44th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue, 47th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue, and 54th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 1 pm to 3 pm for the Nigerian Independence Day Parade and Block Party.
- 3rd Avenue between 76th and 92nd Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 1 pm to 3 pm for the Ragamuffin Children’s Parade.
The following streets in the Bronx will be closed from 10 am to 11:30 am on Saturday for the 7th Annual Hunts Point Hustle:
- Lafayette Avenue between Edgewater Road and Garrison Avenue
- Garrison Avenue between Edgewater Road and Whittier Street
- Whittier Street between Garrison Avenue and Spofford Avenue
- Spofford Avenue between Whittier Street and Halleck Street
- Halleck Street between Spofford Avenue and East Bay Avenue
- Food Center Drive between Halleck Street and Hunts Point Avenue
- Ryawa Avenue between Halleck Street and Manida Street
- Manida Street between Ryawa Avenue and Viele Avenue
The following streets in Staten Island will be closed from 9 am to 2 pm on Saturday for the Tour De Staten Island:
- Richmond Terrace between Bay Street and Snug Harbor Road
- Snug Harbor Road between Richmond Terrace and Cottage Row
- Cottage Row between Snug Harbor Road and Henderson Avenue
- Henderson Avenue between Cottage Row and Alaska Street
- Alaska Street between Henderson Avenue and Richmond Terrace
- Richmond Terrace between Alaska Street and Morningstar Road
- Morningstar Road between Richmond Terrace and Richmond Avenue
- Richmond Avenue between Morningstar Road and Lamberts Lane
- Lamberts Lane between Richmond Avenue and Arlene Street
- Arlene Street between Lamberts Lane and Park Drive South
- Park Drive South between Arlene Street and Rivington Avenue
- Rivington Avenue between Park Drive South and Richmond Avenue
- Richmond Avenue between Rivington Avenue and Rockland Avenue
- Rockland Avenue between Richmond Avenue and Latourette Park Bike Path (Forest Hill Road)
- Latourette Park Bike Path between Rockland Avenue and Richmond Hill Road
- Richmond Hill Road between Latourette Park Bike Path and Arthur Kill Road
- Arthur Kill Road between Richmond Hill Road and Clarke Avenue
- Clarke Ave between Arthur Kill Road and Savoy Street
- Savoy Street between Clarke Ave and Windemere Avenue
- Windemere Avenue between Savoy Street and North Railroad Avenue
- North Railroad Avenue between Windemere Avenue and Guyon Avenue
- Guyon Avenue between North Railroad Avenue and South Railroad Avenue
- South Railroad Avenue between Guyon Avenue and Midland Avenue
- Midland Avenue between South Railroad Avenue and Father Capodanno Boulevard
- Father Capodanno Boulevard between Midland Avenue and Lily Pond Avenue
- Lily Pond Avenue between Father Capodanno Boulevard and School Road
- School Road between Lily Pond Avenue and Bay Street
- Bay Street between School Road and Richmond Terrace
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
- 5th Avenue between 36th Street and 56th Street, 36th Street to 38th Street between 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue, 39th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue, and 56th Street between Madison Avenue and 6th Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 12:30 pm to 3 pm for the General Pulaski Memorial Parade.
- East End Avenue between 84th and 88th Streets in Manhattan will be closed from 10 am to 5 pm for the Gracie Square Art Show.
- 8th Avenue between 42nd Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Midtown North Community Council 8th Avenue Autumn Festival.
- Broadway (southbound) between 106th Street and 96th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the 25th Annual Upper Broadway Harvest Festival.
- John Street between Front Street and Water Street, Water Street between Fulton Street and Fletcher Street, and Front Street between John Street and Maiden Lane in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Deepavali Festival.
- 3rd Avenue between Bay Ridge Avenue and 94th Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the 3rd Avenue Festival.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday from 7:30 am to 6 pm for the MS Bike Tour:
- West Street between West 54th Street and Battery Park Underpass
- Battery Park Underpass between West Street and FDR Drive
- FDR Drive (northbound) between Battery Park Underpass and Harlem River Drive
- Harlem River Drive between FDR Drive and 10th Avenue
- Canal Street between West Street and Holland Tunnel Entrance
- West 178th Street between Cabrini Boulevard and Pinehurst Avenue
- Pinehurst Avenue between West 178th Street and West 177th Street
- West 177th Street between Pinehurst Avenue and Haven Avenue
- Haven Avenue/West 168th Street between West 177th Street and Fort Washington Avenue
- Fort Washington Avenue between West 168th Street and West 165th Street
- West 165th Street between Fort Washington Avenue and Riverside Drive
- Riverside Drive between West 165th Street and West 72nd Street
- Riverside Drive between Seaman Avenue and Henry Hudson Parkway
- West 72nd Street between Riverside Drive and West End Avenue
- West End Avenue between West 72nd Street and West 59th Street
- West 59th Street between West End Avenue and Joe DiMaggio Highway
- 10th Avenue between Harlem River Drive and West 218th Street
- West 218th Street between 10th Avenue and Indian Road
- Indian Road between West 218th Street and West 214th Street
- West 214th Street between Indian Road and Seaman Avenue
- Seaman Avenue between West 214th Street and Riverside Drive
- Henry Hudson Parkway (southbound) Riverside Drive and West 56th Street and West Street ??
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.
Detailed information on weekend street closures will be available on the DOT web site at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/