The RFI invites input from the public, safety experts, individuals with legal or legislative expertise, equipment or software providers, speed governor / speed advisory / other behavioral correction systems users, and participants in TLC-regulated industries to respond to questions on topics including:
- Current uses of speed governors and speed advisory/other behavioral correction systems
- Their effectiveness in reducing behaviors that lead to collisions
- Incentives to use these technologies in TLC-regulated industries
- Challenges associated with their use
- Features and costs of these systems
- Their relationship with the rest of the vehicle
- The reliability and accuracy of their actions
- Any privacy concerns these technologies address and/or raise
TLC invites interested parties to submit information regarding one, several, or all topics.
TLC requests submission of all information or suggestions by April 25, 2014 and appreciates the many parties who are working together on the City’s efforts to eliminate traffic fatalities.